November 15, 2012

Back in at the Deep End

 Just to give you an update.

I'm off to see my NMT guy tomorrow to give the body a check over. Its looks like I've managed to develop a nice bit of pre-patellar bursitis as a result of my battering off the bike and attempting to run on it, so another bit of rest (at least from running and cycling) for a while.

I just want his opinion on it as I've been a bit concerned about the muscle deterioration in the left quad muscles.

So to stop the tummy getting any bigger (I'm putting back about a kg a week at the moment simply by being inactive) I need to be exercising and make use of a smaller fork.

I've jumped back into the pool. I haven't been swimming since the 70.3 in September it's going to be a while. Also having tried a little flutter kick I found the knee don't like it! So all my swimming is being done with pull buoy and dragging my legs around behind me.

New toy for the pool too. I've picked up a Garmin Swim to help track my progress in the pool and to also focus my training sessions. It's a nice bit of kit and I will try and do justice to it in a couple of weeks when I've gotten used to it with a review. It's been a while since I've used a Garmin so it'll be interesting to see how I get on.

The blog also is getting a new appearance, keeping up with the times, hope you like the new look.

No comments: